Gem City Ford Fan Fest – FREE GRANDSTAND ADMISSION Friday September 4th
Admission is FREE this Friday night September 4th at Quincy Raceways as we present the Gem City Ford Fan Fest with a big night of racing, excitement and fun for all.
Yes… Free Grandstand admission to everyone this Friday Night.
Racing action will include Sportmods, Stock Cars and Sport Compacts along with spectator races and power wheel races for the kids. We will also have a junior kart racing exhibition for the young drivers from our kart track.
Gates open at 5:00. Hot laps and qualifying at 6:45. Racing at 7:00.
For those of you new to Quincy Raceways, food and beverage are not allowed to be carried in.Fan Information
- Free Admission To Grandstands
- You CAN NOT bring in outside food or drink
- Gates open at 5:00
- Hot laps/qualifying 6:45
- Racing begins at 7:00
- Register for many great door prizes, including 2 prizes of $100 cash from Gem City Ford and other great prizes from Casey’s General Stores and Members First Credit Union.
Regular Racing Classes
- Sportmods, Stock Cars and Sport Compacts
- No track or IMCA points
- Sportmods are open to USRA cars and IMCA cars. Each must race their home sanction rules
- Sportmods will qualify and race heads up with the heat 1 winner rolling the dice for feature invert. Feature will be 25 laps.
- Jacksonville UMP Stock Cars will be allowed to join the Quincy IMCA cars.
- Sport Compacts must be IMCA legal but do not have to be IMCA members.
Power Wheels Information
- Bring your Power Wheel into the grandstand area with you.
- Find the Power Wheel Registration booth in the old photo booth under the scoring tower and register your child
- We will park the Power Wheels behind the scoring tower
- Kids will be divided into groups roughly based on age.
- At intermission we will take the kids and power wheels onto the race track.
- Races will be 4 laps.
- Bicycle helmets strongly encouraged
- Must use stock/OEM battery in power wheel
- Please contact Ken Dobson in advance at 217-371-3653 (by text) if you want to participate.
- We will still let people sign-up on Friday, but would prefer to have you registered in advance.
- You must have a helmet and working seat belt.
- Park in regular parking lot. You do not need a pit pass.
- When you get to track, find the spectator sign-up area to sign waivers.
- Any car or truck that is street legal with insurance is acceptable. It can’t come on a trailer.
- Races will be one lap with 2 cars per race. Each car will start on opposite sides of the track.
- The first car to race back to their starting spot will advance.
- We will only be racing our Rookie, JR1 and JR2 classes.
- Races will be on a temporary oval in the infield in front of the advertising signs.
- Races will be at intermission.
- We would prefer for this to be karts that have raced at the Lil Bullring this season.
- Contact Joe Bliven with questions.
Sunday September 6th – Labor Day Weekend Racing
Sunday Sept 6th – Weekly Racing: Kickstart Late Models, Miller Lite Modifieds, Summy Tire Sportmods, Powder Coat Plus Stock Cars, IMCA Sport Compacts, DII Midgets.